Jacob A. Schroeder
Jacob Schroeder practices patent litigation in U.S. district and appellate courts involving a wide variety of technologies, including computers, electronics, medical devices, and pharmaceuticals.
Mr. Schroeder's litigation experience covers many areas of pre-trial preparation, such as conducting infringement and validity analyses and drafting motions. Mr. Schroeder's appellate practice has included legal research for briefs to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. While in law school, he worked at Finnegan both as a summer associate and as a law clerk.
- Served as judicial law clerk to the Honorable Richard Linn, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, 2010-2012.
- Professorial lecturer in law (Federal Circuit Bar Journal adjunct professor), The George Washington University Law School, 2010-2012.
- Worked on multiple pro bono veteran appeals to the Federal Circuit.
- Served on the editorial board of the George Washington International Law Review, 2008-2009.
- Instructed first-year law students in legal research and writing as a dean’s fellow while attending law school, 2008-2009.
- Worked at Cisco Systems, Inc. as a software engineer in the Unified Communications Business Unit, where he developed components for MeetingPlace web-conferencing software, 2005-2006; previously worked as a co-op student with Latitude Communications, which was acquired by Cisco, 2001-2005.
- Virginia State Bar IP Section Writing Competition winner, 2009.
- ABA-BNA Award for Excellence in Intellectual Property Law, 2009.
- Axinn Challenge Antitrust Brief Writing and Oral Advocacy Competition winner, 2009.
- Federal Circuit Bar Association Giles S. Rich Memorial Scholarship recipient, 2008.
- Order of the Coif.
- Federal Circuit Bar Association
- Coauthor. "A Radical Change in Willful Infringement Litigation," Law360, Jan. 3, 2013.
- "Written Description: Protecting the Quid Pro Quo Since 1793," Fordham Intell. Prop. Media & Ent. L.J., 2011.
- Coauthor. "Objectively Reckless Standards of Commerce: Unanswered Questions on Willful Infringement," Journal of Intellectual Property Law & Practice, March 31, 2010.
- "Anti-circumvention of Competition: Avoiding Conflict Between DMCA and Antitrust," IDEA: The Intellectual Property Law Review, 2010.
- "So Long as You Live Under My Roof, You'll Live By . . . Whose Rules?: Ending the Extraterritorial Application of Patent Law," Texas Intellectual Property Law Journal, 2009.