Aidan C. Skoyles
Aidan Skoyles focuses on patent litigation in district and appellate courts and at the U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC). His experience includes many areas of pre-trial preparation, such as conducting infringement and validity analyses, responding to discovery requests, drafting motions, and working with expert witnesses. Mr. Skoyles is also involved in the preparation and prosecution of patent applications, and has handled multiple applications at different stages of prosecution.
Mr. Skoyles has particular technical experience with electrical engineering and information technology, including semiconductor design and processing, computer software, video game controllers, optical filters, medical devices, and database design.
During law school, Mr. Skoyles spent a semester externing for the Honorable Arthur J. Gajarsa, Circuit Judge at the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. While a graduate student, Mr. Skoyles researched and developed micro-scale manipulators for a broad range of applications using semiconductor processing techniques.
- Certain Point-to-Point Network Communication Devices, 337-TA-892 (ITC). Represented LG in an investigation brought by Straight Path relating to video and audio communication and networking.
- Rambus, Inc. v. Micron Technology, Inc. (Fed. Cir.). Represented Rambus in numerous Federal Circuit appeals from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office’s Board of Patent Appeals and Interferences relating to memory devices.
- Certain Portable Electronic Communications Devices, Including Mobile Phones, 337-TA-885 (ITC). Represented HTC in an investigation relating to cellular telephone hardware.
- Certain Mobile Handset Devices and Related Touch Keyboard Software, 337-TA-864 (ITC). Represented CooTek in an investigation brought by Nuance involving sliding input keyboard software for Android.
- Certain Electronic Devices with Graphics Data Processing Systems,
337-TA-813 (ITC). Represented S3 Graphics in an investigation against Apple relating to 3D graphics rendering technologies.
- Certain Computing Devices with Associated Instruction Sets and Software, 337-TA-812 (ITC). Represented Via Technologies in an investigation against Apple involving semiconductor chip instruction sets.
- Certain Video Game Systems and Wireless Controllers, 337-TA-770 (ITC). Represented Creative Kingdoms in an investigation against Nintendo involving wireless video game controllers and software.
- Certain Electronic Devices with Image Processing Systems, 337-TA-724 (ITC). Represented S3 Graphics in an investigation against Apple relating to graphics compression software.
- Represented veterans on a pro bono basis in successful appeals for disability claims before the U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims.
- Competitor in the Giles Rich Intellectual Property Moot Court Competition and former member of the Mock Trial Board and the Alternative Dispute Resolution Board, 2008.
- Winner of the George Washington University Law School Award for Excellence in Intellectual Property, 2009.