Li Feng Ph.D.
Li Feng focuses on patent prosecution, opinion preparation, due diligence, interferences, and patent litigation in the chemical, pharmaceutical, cosmetic, biotechnology, medical device, nanotechnology, metallurgy, mechanical, and semiconductor industries.
With experience in both prosecution and litigation, Dr. Feng is able to provide effective client counseling on patent matters. Dr. Feng frequently travels to China to address companies with intellectual property needs and to give lectures on intellectual property topics. She co-taught a graduate course on U.S. IP law at Shanghai Jiao Tong University KoGuan Law School.
Prior to practice of law, Dr. Feng was engaged in extensive academic and industrial research, through which she has gained broad knowledge and hands-on experience in a wide range of chemical and biological fields including drug discovery, pharmaceutical analysis and formulation, assay development, medicinal chemistry, protein chemistry, molecular biology, and computer-based molecular modeling. Dr. Feng also gained experience in patent prosecution while practicing in Utah as a patent agent.
- Involved in representing three international pharmaceutical companies in pre-ANDA (Abbreviated New Drug Application) litigation analysis, and developing validity and infringement theories.
- Member of team representing a large international electronic company in interference proceedings and received favorable ruling.
- Represented a large chemical company in two U.S. district court litigations, developing validity, infringement, and enforcement positions.
- Extern to the Associate Chief Justice Matthew B. Durrant at the Utah Supreme Court, 2008.
- Junior editor for the Utah Law Review, 2007-2008.
- California Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (liaison, IP Law in China Committee and Biotechnology Committee, 2011-present)
- American Bar Association
- American Chemical Society
- Coauthor. "Recent Changes in U.S. Patent Law Impacting Taiwan Companies" Commercial Times, June 12, 2012.
- Coauthor. "The U.S. Supreme Court "Cracks the Code," Allowing Generic Drug Manufacturers Increased Access to the Market Through Skinny Labeling.," CIPA Journal, June 2012.
- Coeditor. “Functional Lipidomics,” CRC Press, 2005.
- Coauthor. “Probing Lipid–Protein Interactions Using Lipid Microarrays,” Prostaglandins & Other Lipid Mediators, 2005.
- Coauthor. “Modulators of Lysophosphatidic Acid Signaling,” Expert Opinion on Therapeutic Patents, 2003.