Richard V. Burgujian
Richard Burgujian has more than 20 years of experience practicing patent law. He focuses his practice on client counseling, providing opinions, and assisting clients in dealing with problems they are experiencing in the United States market. Specific areas of technical experience include semiconductor devices, semiconductor processing equipment, microprocessor design, computer architecture, and communication networks.
Mr. Burgujian manages the preparation and prosecution of patent applications for numerous clients, and also counsels clients on their patent portfolios as well as patent validity and infringement issues.
A licensed professional engineer in New Jersey, Mr. Burgujian has a strong background in the electrical and mechanical engineering areas. His analytical abilities and technical skills enable him to assist clients in a wide range of technical areas.
- Manages the prosecution of hundreds of patent applications annually for one of the world’s leading manufacturers of electronic consumer products and semiconductor devices.
- Manages patent prosecution for multiple domestic and international companies in Japan, Taiwan, and China in a wide range of technologies.
- Served as the resident partner of the firm's Tokyo office for four years. During that time, he counseled Japanese clients with regard to their patent prosecution and dispute matters in the U.S., 1992-1996.
- Graduate level coursework in semiconductor device physics, 2004.
- Worked in General Electric's Corporate Research and Development Center, where he was responsible for preparing and prosecuting patent applications related to high technology inventions in local area networks, computer architecture, computer software, and laser-assisted industrial processing, 1984-1988.
- Worked as an electrical power engineer and gained a strong working knowledge of engineering, design, and construction.
- Served as a member of the firm's management committee, 2006-2009.
- American Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers