Weiguo (Will) Chen
Will Chen is experienced in patent litigation, client counseling, opinion writing, and the preparation and prosecution of patent applications in a range of technologies, including telecommunications, networking, electronic circuitry, semiconductor devices, MEMS devices, software, and medical devices. He has also conducted intellectual property due diligence reviews for financing transactions and mergers and acquisitions.
Mr. Chen frequently speaks at conferences and seminars in China on a variety of IP issues, including U.S. patent litigation, portfolio management, and due diligence.
- Defended multiple networking companies in a patent infringement litigation involving network switches and routers and successfully settled for the defendants
- Represented BCD Semi of Shanghai, China, in a complex patent infringement litigation involving power supply products and successfully settled the case
- Manages patent portfolios and provides counseling on IP issues for many high-tech companies in China.
- Counsels several high-tech companies in Silicon Valley on IP issues.
- Coauthor. "How to Expedite Examination in the U.S.," China IP Magazine, Feb. 2013.
- Coauthor. "U.S. Patent-Law Reform Update," China IP News, Dec. 2009.
- Coauthor. "Inventor Employee Agreement under U.S. Law," Electronic IP Rights, June 2009.