Nishla Keiser Ph.D.
Nishla Keiser focuses on patent litigation and strategic intellectual property counseling in the pharmaceutical, chemical, and biotechnology areas. She has extensive experience providing analysis for due diligence, freedom-to-operate, and patentability opinions on topics including biologic and small molecule therapeutics, vaccines, drug delivery, diagnostics, and analytical methods. Her practice also includes preparing and prosecuting patent applications, and providing guidance on U.S. and international portfolio management.
Before joining Finnegan, Dr. Keiser was a senior member at an intellectual property consulting firm, where her work included patent and scientific literature searching for prior art, validity, freedom-to-operate, and IP landscape projects.
Dr. Keiser has a wide range of laboratory experience, including developing analytical techniques to study the biological roles of complex carbohydrates, developing controlled-release drug delivery microchips, and studying the genetic regulation of hormones and hormone receptors.
- Suffolk University Law School, Daniel J. Fern Award (highest cumulative GPA, evening division), 2011.
- Boston Patent Law Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Coauthor. "Greentech IP Landscaping," Greentech Media, June 30, 2010.
- Coauthor. "Cell Surface Glypicans Are Low-Affinity Endostatin Receptors," Molecular Cell, 2001.
- Coauthor. "Direct Isolation and Sequencing of Specific Protein-Binding Glycosaminoglycans," Nature Medicine, 2001.