Whitney Devin Cooke
Whitney Devin Cooke focuses her practice on strategic portfolio management and serves key roles in managing extensive trademark portfolios for well-known brands across industries, including heavy equipment and apparel. She counsels both U.S. and international clients, ranging from Fortune 500 companies to startups, on a host of trademark issues, including the selection, maintenance, licensing, and enforcement of their trademarks in the United States and abroad.
Ms. Cooke also practices trademark litigation and has experience in cases before federal trial courts and the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB) of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
Before joining Finnegan, Ms. Cooke worked at an international law firm focusing on various aspects of patent litigation in federal district courts and the U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC), as well as trademark litigation and enforcement.
- Adjunct professor of scholarly writing at George Washington University School of Law, 2015.
- Served as legal intern for WGBH Boston Public Broadcasting, 2008.
- Served as law clerk at the Office of General Counsel for the Library of Congress, 2007.
- Served as note editor of the Boston University Public Interest Law Journal, 2008-2009.
- Recognized as a Washington, D.C. "Rising Star" in Intellectual Property Litigation, Super Lawyers published by Thomson Reuters, 2014-2016.
- International Trademark Association