Robert E. Converse Jr.
Robert Converse has over 35 years of experience in both patent prosecution and litigation in communications and electronics technologies. Although he has participated in all phases of litigation, at both trial and appeals levels in federal courts and before the International Trade Commission, his current practice is directed to assisting clients, both large and small, in protecting and commercializing new technologies such as personal communications devices, digital entertainment systems, satellite broadcast systems, telecommunications systems, and computer hardware and software.
Mr. Converse is involved in planning and supervising the implementation of patent prosecution strategy in the context of maximizing the overall value of clients’ intellectual property assets. His experience in litigation enables him enables him to craft sophisticated strategies to enable a patent portfolio to avoid potential pitfalls that otherwise might plague the patents when they are litigated.
- Worked as a supervising engineer at Westinghouse Electric Corporation, involved with the design and development of training simulators for nuclear power plants and transportation systems, and process control computer systems.
- Joined Westinghouse Electric Corporation’s patent department, where he engaged in patent prosecution and licensing in the digital electronics, electromechanical, and computer software areas.
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Bar Association of the District of Columbia
- American Bar Association
- Federal Circuit Bar Association