David C. Seastrunk
David Seastrunk focuses his practice on patent litigation and prosecution, with an emphasis on electrical and mechanical technologies. His litigation practice includes U.S. district court cases and Section 337 investigations before the U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC). Mr. Seastrunk also assists clients with patent application drafting, prosecution, and portfolio management across a variety of technologies.
Mr. Seastrunk's technical experience spans a wide range of subject matter areas, including computer software, internet and network information processing, consumer electronics, wireless communications, industrial manufacturing, unmanned aerial systems (UAS), fibers, textiles, polymers, films, and medical devices.
Mr. Seastrunk also devotes time to pro bono matters before the U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims. During law school, Mr. Seastrunk was a founding member of the cancer pro bono clinic, a joint project between local law schools in North Carolina.
- Certain Woven Textile Fabrics and Products, 337-TA-976 (ITC). Defended Welspun in an investigation involving importation of woven textile fabrics.
- NFC Technology, LLC v. Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. (E.D. Tex.). Member of team that represented plaintiff in a suit involving near field communications technology.
- Served as publication editor of the First Amendment Law Review, 2014-2015.
- Capital Pro Bono Honor Roll, 2016.
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- Phi Psi National Textiles Organization
- Regular contributor to Finnegan's AIA blog on PTAB trials and AIA provisions, and Finnegan's patent blog Prosecution First.
- Coauthor. "Analysing the PTAB in 2016," Managing Intellectual Property, Jan. 30, 2017.
- Coauthor. "Willful Infringer Is Not Entitled to a Reasonable Profit from Future Infringing Sales—Ongoing Royalty Rate May Substantially Exceed Past Infringement Royalty Rate," LES Insights, Jan. 17, 2017.
- Coauthor. "Gov’t Contractors and the Inter Partes Review Time-Bar," Law360, Jan. 9, 2017.
- Coauthor. "IPR Validity Challenge on Related Patent Prevents Preliminary Injunction," LES Insights, Oct. 25, 2016.
- Coauthor. "Analyzing the PTAB in the First Half of 2016," Managing Intellectual Property, Aug. 10, 2016.