Laura K. Johnson
Laura Johnson focuses on trademark portfolio management, prosecution, and client counseling. She counsels clients on the selection, maintenance, licensing, and enforcement of their trademarks throughout the United States and abroad. She represents clients in a diverse range of industries including automotive, machinery, mobile telephone network technology, medical products, music, electronics, and sports apparel.
Additionally, Ms. Johnson's practice encompasses litigation before federal courts and the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB) of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO). She has extensive experience with complex electronic discovery, and has assisted teams through trial on both trademark and patent claims. Ms. Johnson has also been involved in various aspects of patent, copyright, and trade secret litigations in federal district courts and before the U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC).
- Handled or managed worldwide trademark portfolio and enforcement efforts for a leading sports taping company in the fields of sports performance, pain management, and physical therapy.
- Experience in trademark counseling, clearance, and prosecution work of large companies, including Yamaha.
- American Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Boston Bar Association
- Regular contributor for Finnegan's trademark blog Incontestable®.
- Coauthor. "New Rules to Streamline Trademark Proceedings Go into Effect," Daily Journal, Jan. 20, 2017.