Mindy L. Ehrenfried
Mindy Ehrenfried focuses on patent litigation and client counseling in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and chemical arts, with a special focus on Abbreviated New Drug Application (ANDA) litigation.
While in law school, Ms. Ehrenfried helped plan and coordinate a conference featuring prominent patent law authorities debating the future of patents in the area of genetic disease diagnosis and treatment. She also gained significant patent experience as a summer associate at Finnegan.
Prior to law school and during her undergraduate studies, Ms. Ehrenfried gained extensive experience in plant molecular biology while working for the U.S. Department of Agriculture, Plant Sciences Institute, where she studied early gene responses in soybean cyst nematode infection and worked to develop various plant cultivars with enhanced disease-resistance and other commercially desirable traits.
- Certain Polyimide Films, Product Containing Same, and Related Methods, 337-TA-772 (ITC). Member of litigation team representing SKC Kolon PI, Inc. in ITC action relating to polyimide films and their manufacturing methods.
- Rolls-Royce PLC v. United Technologies Corp. (E.D. Va.). Member of district court litigation team that represented UTC in patent infringement action that resulted in summary judgment of non-infringement and confidential settlement.
- Pro bono work includes representing individual in an appeal to the Social Security Administration for disability benefits and acting as guardian ad litem in a domestic relations case.
- Served as co-president of the Maryland Intellectual Property Student Association, 2009-2010.
- Served as the editor-in-chief for the Journal of Business & Technology Law, 2009-2010.
- Semi-finalist and Best Oralist (Preliminary Rounds) Recipient in the 2010 NYU Immigration Law Moot Court Competition.
- Research assistant to Professor Kelly Casey Mullally in preparation for the 2010 publication of "Legal (Un)Certainty, Legal Process, and Patent Law," Loyola of Los Angeles Law Review, 2008-2009.
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Maryland Bar Association
- Coauthor. "Threatening Remarks and Indemnification Liability Found Sufficient to Allow Indemnitor to Proceed with Suit Seeking to Invalidate a Patent," LES Insights, Oct. 15, 2012.
- Coauthor. "Exclusive Patent Licensees Lack Standing to Sue for Infringement Without the Patent Owner if the License Agreement Contains a Fixed Term that Expires Before the Term of the Licensed Patent and the Licensor Retains a Reversionary Interest," LES Insights, June 25, 2012.
- Coauthor. "2011 Patent Law Decisions of the Federal Circuit," American University Law Review, April 10, 2012.
- Coauthor. "Attorney Fees, Including Fees Incurred During Court-Sanctioned Discovery, May Be Awarded Where a Patent-Infringement Defendant Pursues a Frivolous Inequitable-Conduct Defense," LES Insights, Dec. 12, 2011.
- Coauthor. "Licensors Do Not Commit Patent Misuse by Basing a Royalty on the Net Sales of a Product That Includes Patented and Unpatented Components," LES Insights, Oct. 17, 2011.
- Coauthor. "Analysis of Expressed Sequence Tags from Uromyces Appendiculatus Hyphae and Haustoria and Their Comparison to Sequences from Other Rust Fungi," Phytopathology, 2008.
- Coauthor. "GeneChip Profiling of Transcriptional Responses to Soybean Cyst Nematode, Heterodera Glycines, Colonization of Soybean Roots," Journal of Experimental Botany, 2007.
- Coauthor. "Gene Expression Profiles for Cell-Wall-Modifying Proteins Associated with Soybean Cyst Nematode Infection, Petiole Abscission, Root Tips, Flowers, Apical Buds, and Leaves," Journal of Experimental Botany, 2007.
- Coauthor. "Characterization of Several H. Glycines mRNA that Encode Small Proteins with Putative Signal Peptides," Journal of Nematology, 2005.