Ronald A. Bleeker
Ronald Bleeker joined Finnegan following a twenty-year career as an intellectual property litigator and as the chief in-house patent counsel for several major corporations. He currently advises clients on a full range of intellectual property matters including due diligence investigations, prosecution, licensing, litigation, alternative dispute resolution (ADR), and the management of corporate IP portfolios. Mr. Bleeker co-chairs the firm’s nanotechnology practice group and leads the ADR section.
Mr. Bleeker is a frequent lecturer on IP licensing, due diligence, and management. He began his legal career with a large intellectual property firm in New York, where his practice was focused on patent litigation and licensing.
- Former general IP counsel for Mobil Oil Corporation; AlliedSignal, Inc.; and W.R. Grace & Co.
- Adjunct professor at The George Washington University Law School, teaching “Licensing of Intellectual Property,” 2002-2011.
- Regular instructor on “Patent and Know-How Licensing,” for Patent Resources Group, 2002-present.
- Recipient of the Burton Award for Legal Achievement, a national award for legal writing, 2009.
- Intellectual Property Owners Association (vice-chair, Antitrust Committee, 2009-2010; vice-chair of Asia Practice Committee, 2004-2008, 2011-present; Corporate IP Management Committee, 2000-2003; Board of Directors, 1993-1994 and 1996-1999)
- New York IP Law Association (Board of Directors, 1995-1996)
- Licensing Executives Society
- Association of Corporate Patent Counsel (emeritus member)
- National Patent Board (former trustee)
- Coauthor. "One Year After MedImmune—The Impact on Patent Licensing & Negotiation," The Federal Circuit Bar Journal, June2008.
- Coauthor. "A Small Charge of Infringement: Strategic Alternatives for Nanotech Patent Defendants," Nanotechnology Law & Business, Dec. 2007.
- Coauthor. "Sink or Swim?" Plastics in Packaging, Dec. 2006.
- Coauthor. "Patenting Nanotechnology," Materials Today, Feb. 2004.
- "Certain Clauses in Know-How and Hybrid License Agreements," les Nouvelles, 2003.
- "Foreign Patent Agents and U.S. Corporations," Delaware Journal of Corporate Law, 1977.