Vincent P. Kovalick
Vince Kovalick specializes in patent litigation, prosecution, and licensing. He works primarily in electrical, consumer electronics, Internet, and telecommunication technologies.
Mr. Kovalick has been involved in all aspects of cases—from pre-filing investigations, to discovery, to trial. He has had first-chair experience in numerous patent infringement jury trials and U.S. International Trade Commission proceedings.
Mr. Kovalick also counsels clients on patent and software licensing issues. He negotiates and drafts license agreements and works with clients to develop licensing programs. His practice involves providing opinions on patentability, infringement, and validity of patents. In addition, he has drafted or overseen the drafting of hundreds of patent applications for electrical, electronics, telecommunications, and software-based technologies.
- Worked as a patent examiner at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- Developed and served (1997-2005) as editor-in-chief of Last Month at the Federal Circuit, a Finnegan newsletter, with approximately 2,000 subscribers, that provides a monthly synopsis of CAFC patent case decisions.
- Bar Association of the District of Columbia
- Virginia Bar Association
- American Bar Association (Section on Intellectual Property Law)
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Federal Circuit Bar Association
- Computer Law Association