Kevin J. Spinella
Kevin Spinella has a diverse patent practice that focuses on drafting and prosecuting patent applications related to digital electronics, computer software, optical systems, online advertising, financial technology, and business methods. His prosecution experience includes crafting responses to both domestic and foreign patent office communications.
Mr. Spinella has experience involving a wide range of electrical and mechanical technologies. Prior to joining Finnegan, Mr. Spinella worked at Booz Allen Hamilton for three years as a technology business consultant, advising the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) on policy and compliance matters. He worked as a patent examiner at the USPTO for four years, examining patent applications related to LED devices, LCD displays, and optical backlighting.
During his undergraduate studies, Mr. Spinella worked at Ansys, Inc., where he tested engineering simulation software used to developed product design prototypes and solutions.
- Staff editor for the Georgetown Law Technology Review, 2016-present; and for the Georgetown Environmental Law Review, 2015-present.
- Quarterfinalist, Leahy Moot Court Competition, 2015.
- Georgetown Student Intellectual Property Law Association (director of evening students, 2015-2016; executive board member, 2016-present)
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of America
- Regular contributor to Finnegan's AIA blog on PTAB trials and AIA provisions.