A Year in Review—The Finnegan IP Case Law Seminar
February 2, 2016
London, United Kingdom
Get your continuing professional development for 2017 off to a flying start by attending our free three-hour case law review.
Finnegan attorneys will discuss recent IP law developments in Europe and the United States, covering all fields of technology. The speakers will guide you through the last year’s most significant decisions from the courts of the United States, the United Kingdom, the European Union and the European Patent Office and will provide practical advice, identifying how the decisions can act as useful tools, as well as guidance for avoiding pitfalls.
Topics and decisions that will be covered include:
RSVP: Please register by 27 January. Admission is free, but space is limited.
- US and Europe patent eligible subject matter update
- European medical use claims – UK Court of Appeal decision in Warner Lambert v Actavis
- Registered designs – UK Supreme Court decision in PMS International Limited v Magmatic Limited (‘Trunki’)
- Poisonous divisionals/partial priority – EPO Enlarged Board of Appeal decision G1/15
- Disclaimers – referral G1/16 to the EPO Enlarged Board of Appeal
- Willful infringement and opinions of counsel – US Supreme Court decision in Halo Elecs v Pulse Elecs and Stryker v Zimmer
- Attorney/client privilege – In re Queen Univ
- Patent exhaustion in the US – Lexmark Intl v Impression Prods
- European trade mark cases
Anthony C. Tridico, Ph.D.
Clare A. Cornell
Philip L. Cupitt, Ph.D.
Hazel Ford, Ph.D.
Martin D. Hyden
Leythem A. Wall
Thursday, 2 February 2017
12:30 - 13:00 – Registration
13:00 - 16:00 – Program
16:00 - 17:00 – Reception
16 Old Bailey
London EC4M 7EG