Elizabeth A. Niemeyer
Elizabeth Niemeyer represents and advises international and domestic clients, both large and small, facing patent litigation in the electrical arts before the U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC) and in federal district courts. Ms. Niemeyer's recent representations have covered technologies ranging from smartphones and LEDs to ink cartridge holders. Given the range of issues that each case presents, she works with her clients to tailor her representation to the specific needs of a particular matter.
Ms. Niemeyer has been involved in several trials at the ITC, during which she gained experience in all aspects of offensive and defensive patent litigation, from pre-trial investigations through discovery, trial, and post-trial procedures. Her first-hand experience has also given her unique insight into the procedure and strategy involved in ITC investigations and an ability to convey that information to her clients.
In addition to her ITC work, Ms. Niemeyer has represented numerous clients in federal district courts and is particularly familiar with the District of Delaware, the Central and Northern Districts of California, and the Eastern District of Texas.
- Audiovisual Components and Products Containing the Same, 337-TA-837 (ITC).
- Portable Communication Devices, 337-TA-827 (ITC).
- Certain Light Emitting Diodes and Products Containing Same, 337-TA-784/785/802 (ITC).
- Interactive Program Guide and Parental Controls Technology, 337-TA-747 (ITC).
- Certain Electronic Imaging Devices, 337-TA-726 (ITC).
- Certain Portable Electronic Devices and Related Software, 337-TA-721 (ITC).
- Semiconductor Integrated Circuits Using Tungsten Metallization and Products Containing Same, 337-TA-648 (ITC).
- 3G Mobile Handsets and Components Thereof, 337-TA-613 (ITC).
- 3G Wideband Code Division Multiple Access (WCDMA) Handsets and Components Thereof, 337-TA-601 (ITC).
- Equipment for Telecommunications or Data Communications Networks, Including Routers, Switches, and Hubs, and Components Thereof, 337-TA-574 (ITC).
- Certain Power Supply Controllers and Products Containing Same, 337-TA-541 (ITC).
- Certain Optical Disk Controller Chips and Chipsets and Products Containing Same, Including DVD Players and PC Optical Storage Devices I and II, 337-TA-506/523 (ITC).
- Intellectual Property Owners Association
- ITC Trial Lawyers Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Coauthor. "Litigation at the International Trade Commission: Considerations if the Complainant Relies on a Licensing Domestic Industry," Imp & Exp Executive Magazine, May 2012.
- “Production of Confidential Business Information in a Section 337 ITC Proceeding,” China IP News, Sept. 2010.
- Coauthor. "Injunctions in District Courts and the ITC," Law 360, Feb 10, 2010.
- Coauthor. “Highlights of ITC Investigations,”China IP News, Dec. 2008, and Digitimes, Feb. 2009.
- Coauthor. “The Impact of the Federal Circuit’s Kyocera Decision on ITC Remedial Orders,” Electronic IP News, Feb. 2009.