Protecting everyday products
The universe of consumer products is constantly expanding and evolving as companies invent, manufacture, and brand products that strive to be more innovative, faster, healthier, greener, sleeker, or just more fun. The array of product choices available across the globe has created fierce competition for shelf space, mindshare, and consumer loyalty. Protecting the products’ underlying intellectual property and brand value is critical to their long-term success. Finnegan’s consumer product experience spans cosmetics, food and beverage, health and beauty, nutrition, sports equipment, electronics, and more. We have a long history of working with these diverse industries and understand the fast pace of development and improvements, the changing needs of consumers, and the power of a strong brand.
Legal and technical insight
We have addressed virtually every type of IP issue for our clients in the consumer products industry:
- Providing trademark protection and counseling.
- Developing and executing patent prosecution strategies.
- Writing opinions and providing ongoing counseling for new and evolving products.
- Developing licensing programs.
- Conducting due diligence investigations.
- Developing portfolio management strategies.
- Protecting against infringement through litigation or other dispute resolution options.
A broad range of experience
Our experience with consumer products includes both durable and nondurable goods and related services:
- Apparel, shoes, and accessories
- Automobiles and motorcycles
- Books and publishing
- Consumer electronics and software
- Cosmetics and health products
- Food and beverage
- Home goods
- Media and entertainment
- Recreational and sports equipment
- Tires and auto parts
A diverse client base
We work with innovative clients of all sizes, including Fortune 100, Global 1000, and public and private organizations in the broad consumer products industry. Our clients include:
- ABC Television
- ATP Tour
- Baby Einstein Company
- Bausch and Lomb
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Fuente Cigars
- Games Workshop