Anthony J. Lombardi
Anthony Lombardi practices in all areas of patent law, leveraging his extensive experience in patent prosecution and patent litigation to strategically develop patent portfolios. He has drafted, prosecuted, and overseen the drafting and prosecution of hundreds of patent applications. Mr. Lombardi has experience in post-issuance matters, including inter partes review (IPR) proceedings before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO). He is also skilled in defensive and offensive patent portfolio assessment, patent validity and infringement opinions, due diligence and product clearance studies, patent portfolio management, and portfolio licensing strategies.
Mr. Lombardi has represented clients in all phases of patent litigation, including matters before U.S. district courts and the U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC). His patent litigation experience includes pre-filing investigations, developing claim construction, validity and infringement positions, managing fact discovery, taking depositions, taking expert witness testimony at trial, and preparing Markman briefs and post-trial motions.
Mr. Lombardi has experience in a wide range of technology areas, including computer hardware and architecture, software, user interfaces, Internet technologies, mobile devices, communication networks, imaging systems, microprocessors, and semiconductor design and fabrication.
- Certain Portable Electronic Communications Devices, 337-TA-885 (ITC). Represented HTC in an investigation involving smartphone technology.
- Certain Computing Devices with Associated Instruction Sets and Software, 337-TA-812 (ITC). Represented VIA Technologies in an investigation involving microprocessors in Apple devices.
- Certain Portable Electronic Devices and Related Software, 337-TA-721 (ITC). Represented HTC Corporation in an investigation involving graphical user interface technology in Apple devices.
- American Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- "Patents Play a Role in Technical Academy Awards," Law360, June 18, 2015.
- "Discovery Practice Before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board," The National Law Journal, June 20, 2013.
- "Prosecuting Patent Applications from a Litigation Perspective," Westlaw Journal Intellectual Property, May 29, 2013.
- "Federal Circuit Rules Software Invention Unpatentable," TechCrunch, May 11, 2013.
- "Strategies for Developing Patent Portfolios," BNA's Patent, Trademark & Copyright Journal, May 3, 2013.
- "The Role of Supplemental Examination," The Intellectual Property Strategist, March 2013.
- "What Software Is Patentable? Federal Court to Consider in CLS Bank Rehearing," TechCrunch, Feb. 7, 2013.
- "Preparing Patent Applications from a Litigation Perspective," Westlaw Journal Intellectual Property, Jan. 23, 2013.