Shana K. Cyr Ph.D.
Shana Cyr's practice includes litigation, client counseling, and proceedings before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO). She has particular interest and experience in matters relating to pharmaceuticals, genetics, and protein chemistry.
Dr. Cyr has extensive knowledge and practical experience in the biochemical and chemical sciences. Her graduate research at the University of Virginia focused on the site-directed mutagenesis of firefly luciferase and other proteins with unnatural amino acids, as well as the site-specific labeling of proteins using Suzuki coupling reactions.
Dr. Cyr's pro bono work includes representing clients before the Social Security Administration, serving as guardian ad litem for children in the Superior Court of the District of Columbia, and representing military veterans before the U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims.
- Law clerk to the Honorable Kimberly A. Moore at the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, 2015-2016.
- Member of Rutgers University School of Law's nationally ranked Student Trial Advocacy Competition team, 2007-2009.
- Law clerk at Finnegan, 2008-2009; and summer associate, 2008.
- Articles editor for Rutgers Law Journal, 2008-2009; and staff editor, 2007-2008.
- Legal intern for the Honorable Noel L. Hillman at the U.S. District Court for the D. New Jersey, 2007.
- American Bar Association and Bureau of National Affairs Intellectual Property Award, 2009.
- International Academy of Trial Lawyers Student Advocacy Award, 2009.
- Mary Philbrook Student Public Interest Award, 2009.
- Marshall Brennan Constitutional Literacy Fellow, 2007-2008.
- American Bar Association (Intellectual Property Law Section)
- American Chemical Society
- Federal Circuit Bar Association
- The Giles S. Rich American Inn of Court
- Served as an assistant editor for Last Month at the Federal Circuit, Finnegan's monthly newsletter summarizing precedential patent decisions from the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
- Coauthor. "Preparing Pharma for Generics' IPR Attacks," BNA Pharmaceutical Law and Industry Report, Aug. 15, 2014.
- Coauthor. "Preclinical Patent Considerations,” Pre-ANDA Litigation: Strategies and Tactics for Developing a Drug Product and Patent Portfolio, ABA Section of Intellectual Property Law, 2014.
- Coauthor. The Chemical and Pharmaceutical Innovation Report 2013, Dec. 2013.
- "Analogues of Firefly Luciferase and Dihydrofolate Reductase Exhibiting Novel Emission Properties," Ph.D. Dissertation, University of Virginia, Aug. 2006.