Paromita (Mita) Chatterjee
Paromita (Mita) Chatterjee's practice covers all aspects of patent-related work, including post-grant proceedings, client counseling, patent prosecution, and district court litigation. Her work involves a wide range of technologies, with an emphasis on medical devices, consumer electronics, digital media, and fuel cell and natural-gas technologies.
Ms. Chatterjee has extensive experience before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), having drafted and/or prosecuted hundreds of patent applications. Ms. Chatterjee currently focuses her practice on contentious patent proceedings before the USPTO, including post-grant review, inter partes review, and ex parte reexaminations.
Ms. Chatterjee also has experience in matters before U.S. district courts, participating in all stages of patent litigation from complaint to post-trial. She has conducted pre-litigation due diligences; prepared infringement contentions; managed discovery; worked with fact and expert witnesses; prepared witnesses for trial; and drafted claim construction briefs, pre-trial motions, and trial briefs.
Ms. Chatterjee devotes time to pro bono matters. She has written briefs on behalf of veterans of military service before the U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims, and served as a Guardian Ad Litem for a young child in the D.C. Superior Court.
- Representing various companies in post-grant proceedings, including inter partes review and covered business method post-grant review involving patents directed to electromechanical devices and e-commerce.
- LG Electronics v. Asko (D. Del.). Member of team that represented LG Electronics in enforcing its patent rights against infringing
front-load washing machines.
- Serves as a regular contributor to Finnegan's AIA blog (www.aiablog.com).
- As part of a senior project at Johns Hopkins University, designed and developed a brace for patients with arthritis at the ankle joint.
- Recipient of an Advanced E-Team Grant from the National Collegiate Inventors and Innovators Alliance.
- American Intellectual Property Bar Association
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Coauthor. "The Practitioner's Guide to Trials Before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board," American Bar Association, Section of Intellectual Property Law, April 23, 2014.