Mary E. Chlebowski Ph.D.
Mary Chlebowski practices patent litigation in U.S. district courts and prosecutes both domestic and foreign patent applications, primarily in the chemical and pharmaceutical technologies. She also assists in providing opinions regarding patent infringement and patentability.
Dr. Chlebowski has a unique background in foreign patent law. During law school, she spent a semester attending the China IP Summer Institute sponsored by the Franklin-Pierce School of Law. She also worked on European patent prosecution, including assisting with and attending a European opposition proceeding while in Brussels, Belgium.
- Initiated a solid-phase synthesis project focused on producing nucleotide-based surfactants at the University of Avignon, France, 2004.
- Studied surfactants, including synthesis of novel etherated amphihiles and subsequent characterization of their aggregation properties, as a graduate researcher at Emory University, 2001-2006.
- Synthesized possible anti-cancer agents as an undergraduate researcher at Niagara University, 2000-2001.
- Performed studies on oxidative carbonylation using organometalic catalysts at the University of Florida while on an NSF Research Experience for Undergraduates scholarship, 2000.
- Received the Achievement Rewards for College Scientists medal, Emory University (2004, 2005).
- Howard Hughes Teacher Scholar, Emory University (2004-2005).
- American Chemical Society
- Coauthor. "The Changing Law of Multiparty Patent Infringement in the U.S. and How It Differs from Europe: Part Two," Bloomberg Law Reports, Sept. 19, 2011.
- Coauthor. "The Changing Law of Multiparty Patent Infringement in the U.S. and How It Differs from Europe: Part One," Bloomberg Law Reports, Sept. 12, 2011.
- Coauthor. "A Summer Bunfight: USPTO First Action Interview Program Plus Two New Numbers by the Supremes," CIPA Journal, Sept. 2011.
- Coauthor. "Is the Ether Group Hydrophobic or Hydrophilic?" Langmuir, 2005.
- Coauthor. "Surface Tension of Aqueous Amphiphiles," Langmuir, 2005.
- Coauthor. "A Tribute to the Phospholipid," Langmuir, 2005.
- Coauthor. "Ultrastructure in Frozen/Etched Saline Solutions: On the Internal Cleansing of Ice," Journal of American Chemical Society, 2004.