Jonathan R. Davies Ph.D.
Jonathan Davies practices patent litigation with a focus on chemical and pharmaceutical technologies, including Hatch-Waxman litigation related to Abbreviated New Drug Applications (ANDA). Dr. Davies's litigation experience includes numerous aspects of trial preparation, including coordinating fact discovery, working with expert witnesses, conducting and defending fact and expert depositions, participating in hearings, and managing litigation teams. In addition to his litigation practice, Dr. Davies has been involved in patent prosecution as well as in advising clients in infringement and validity opinions.
Prior to joining the firm, Dr. Davies completed graduate studies in human physiology and conducted doctoral and post-doctoral research in cellular and molecular biology and genetics. His research focused on molecular mechanisms that regulate cellular growth and division, as well as the regulation of nuclear transport within cells.
- Member of a team representing Abbott Laboratories and AbbVie in
Hatch-Waxman litigations over AbbVie's HIV treatments, Norvir® and Kaletra®.
- Astellas US LLC v. Nycomed US Inc. (D.N.J.). Member of a team that represented Astellas in Hatch-Waxman litigation over its drug Protopic®.
- Eli Lilly and Co. v. Wockhardt Ltd. (S.D. Ind.). Member of a team that represented Eli Lilly and Company in Hatch-Waxman litigation, adverse to multiple generic drug manufacturers, over its drug Cymbalta®.
- Represented a mother in a child custody case with her ex-husband.
- Represented a student in litigation in D.C. Superior Court and U.S. District Court for D.C., related to the improper destruction of his home.
- Former editor for the Ohio State Law Journal, 2007-2008.
- Serves as an adjunct professor of Hatch-Waxman Litigation, Washington College of Law, 2013-2014.
- Recognized as a Washington, DC "Rising Star" in Intellectual Property Litigation, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2014.
- Order of the Coif.
- Maryland Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Coauthor. "Zarxio's® Approval: Some Insights and Unanswered Questions Regarding the Future of U.S. Biosimilars," AIPLA Food and Drug Committee Newsletter, March 2015.
- Coauthor. "ANDA Litigation: Strategies and Tactics for Pharmaceutical Patent Litigators," American Bar Association Section of Intellectual Property Law, May 30, 2012.
- Coauthor. "Follow-On Biologics: Is Your Patent Portfolio Ready?" Law 360, March 23, 2010.
- Coauthor. "Follow-On Biologics: A Patent Litigation Perspective," Pharmaceutical Commerce, Aug. 22, 2009.
- Coauthor. "Systematic Deletion and Mitotic Localization of the Nuclear Pore Complex Proteins of Aspergillus Nidulans," Molecular Biology of the Cell, 2006.
- Coauthor. "A Potential Link Between the NIMA Mitotic Kinase and Nuclear Membrane Fission During Mitotic Exit in Aspergillus Nidulans," Eukaryotic Cell, 2004.
- Coauthor. "Rapid Production of Gene Replacement Constructs and Generation of a Green Fluorescent Protein-Tagged Centromeric Marker in Aspergillus Nidulans," Eukaryotic Cell, 2004.
- Coauthor. "The PHOA and PHOB Cyclin-Dependent Kinases Perform an Essential Function in Aspergillus Nidulans," Genetics, 2003.
- Coauthor. "TINA Interacts with the NIMA Kinase in Aspergillus Nidulans and Negatively Regulates Astral Microtubules During Metaphase Arrest," Molecular Biology of the Cell, 2003.
- Coauthor. "A Homolog of the Fungal Nuclear Migration Gene nudC is Involved in Normal and Malignant Human Hematopoiesis," Experimental Hematology, 1999.