Brian R. Westley
Mr. Westley served as a summer associate at Finnegan and as a law clerk during his third year of law school.
- Served as editor-in-chief of the American University Law Review, 2011-2012.
- Interned at the Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press in 2010 and the Federal Communications Commission in 2011.
- Worked as a journalist for nine years prior to attending law school, serving as national broadcast editor, Mid-Atlantic Bureau supervisor, and reporter with The Associated Press.
- Copyright Society of the United States of America
- International Trademark Association
- Regular contributor to Finnegan's trademark blog Incontestable®.
- Coauthor. "Golden Oldies: Record Labels Seek Pandora Payout," Intellectual Property Magazine, June 2014.
- Coauthor. "Closer Control: Social Media and Drugs," Trademarks & Brands Online, May 23, 2014.
- Coauthor. "Seven Cases Changing Copyright Protection in the United States," Managing Intellectual Property, Sept. 12, 2013.
- "How A Narrow Application of ‘Hot News’ Misappropriation Can Help Save Journalism," American University Law Review, Feb. 2010.